Tuesday 1 June 2010

Ah... Now where was I?

Hmmm. Eleven months. Nearly a year. That's a slightly longer detour into the foyer than I anticipated. Did you save me some popcorn?? Hope our ice creams haven't melted...

The seasonal cogs have cranked almost a full circle and the early summer has jostled into my little back garden again, trailing birds and bugs and buds in its path. The determined snails have munched my two tiny courgette plants into oblivious stumps; the nettles are untouched, needless to say. The lackey moth caterpillars are back, festooning the blackthorn tree outside my front window. The dog is curled up in a tiny tight ball by the door. Everything's the same as it was a year ago.

And everything's different too. The barn finally sold last autumn after two years of trying. I've taken a good long spell off work - 7 months to be exact - every day of which has been delightful. My daughter Roo has celebrated her 21st birthday. I bought a proper camera. We've welcomed my sister's beautiful new baby boy to our family. I spent a month in Florida working as a volunteer at an exotic animal refuge. And I've got a new job - 3 days a week - which I started today.

More of all of this (and other stuff) to follow. But just for now to peep round the corner back into the world of blog and say hello again. Did I miss much? Do tell me, please...




Stained glass window at the Victoria & Albert Museum, London

5 comments:

  1. Katy! I have left your link on my blog and hoped...and hoped...and here you are! You missed lots my friend but welcome back...we have lots of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Katy, I have not worked for a year now and have no plans to begin again -- at least for a few months. Like you, I think I will be rejoining the blogworld, at least on a sporadic basis for the summer. We can welcome each other back.

    I think I might be more of a reader than a writer in regard to blogs, so get busy and write more for me to read.

    Welcome back ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. An afterthought: I had an invitation from my European dentist (her, not him) to go to Tampa Bay in Florida for a week, beginning April 3. I would guess that did not match your time in Florida, but it would have been beyond belief to have bumped into each other there, of all places, by accident, would it not? Even real life is not that strange.

    By the way, what a great window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat, absolutely wonderful to hear from you and that is just so sweet! Thank you :-)

    Now, what have I missed??! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fram, yes, thank you, a warm welcome back to blog land for us both then.

    Oh how funny about your invite to Florida too! Yes, I was there a couple of months before that (left here 10th January) but that could have been the most bizarre coincidence ever.

    I think I'm going to write about my Florida trip over the next little while - it was amazing (as well as very amusing in parts), and I've got loads of great pix too.

    ReplyDelete